Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Groundhog Day

In the movie, Bill Murray keeps living the same day over and over. On the MV Explorer, we are living Tuesday, April 15th, twice. Yesterday when I woke up, 26 hours ago at 0700, it was Tuesday April 15, 2008. When I woke up this morning, 3 hours ago at 0645, it was also Tuesday April 15, 2008. What a trip, right? That's what happens when you cross the international dateline. Last time I crossed it, September 19, 1998 never happened. Too bad I can't take advantage of this one for tax purposes, given the April 15th and all. 

The past few weeks have been such a complete whirlwind. We had only 2-3 days between each country, so I'm hoping to take this Pacific crossing as a time to really catch up on blogging, emails, letters, and cleaning my cabin, which now looks like it was hit by Katrina. In the meantime, I have to give a shout out to My Uncle Terry, for the most amazing greeting card I have ever seen (it sings "You're Simply the Best" and is made of gold foil) and to Ish, for sending me LOST, Marty and Elaine, and some portable Photo Hunt. Also to the Fresno Duerksens for some Casa de Fruta taffy and lots of other goodies. And last but not least, Smallface for cloning my drive and sending it to me. Ahhhh, to have music again!!!! Love to you all. We're in really rocky waters right now, so I'm gonna stop trying to type.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was actually september 18th, 1998. The reason I know for sure... my birthday is the 19th... safe travels home!

Aunt Party said...

Wow! A similar thing happened to me with "Groundhog's Day"...okay not really, but I went home with this drummer at Jazz Fest and he told me to turn on a movie. I turned on "Groundhog's Day" and he said "i just watched that on the plane!" Then we made out, so I guess he didn't really watch it again...