Friday, January 22, 2010

Five is the new Four ...

One cannot live on a ship with 1000 other people without designating a favorite spot. Some choose their cabins, their workspace or a cozy corner table in the Garden Lounge. Mine has always been Deck 4 aft. Starboard, in between the rail and the stairs. It's a hidden little gem. Free from faculty asking questions, or at least limited to the few who can find me. Speaking of camouflaged endeavors, one would think that lying naked in the sauna grants immunity from all questions involving microphones and powerpoint, or really just all questions for that matter, but there once was a time mid-sweat when I literally got the tap on the shoulder. "Um, Courtney. I'm sorry to bother you. I need some help setting up my computer." Which really means that you're not sorry to bother me or you wouldn't be checking the sauna. I don’t personally harbor a lot of inhibitions surrounding nudity, but if there’s one thing I don’t want to think about while naked, it’s an elderly woman’s thumb drive. You can take that to mean whatever you like.

So now that Deck 4 has been designated a crew-only area on semesters, which is a long overdue solution to providing them with a private outdoor space, I’ve migrated to Deck 5. More people can spy from the Main Dining room and Deck 6 has an occasional assortment of overhang gawkers, but I have to admit I’ve been finding it rather cozy. Since my POV shot seemed to go over on facebook, here is the first edition of my S10 foot cam. On A2, live from my new spot during the storm. Which I'll get to next ...

No comments: