Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Carrie Means Business

There are two kinds of people in this world ... the ones that make you happy when they enter the room, and the ones that make you happy when they exit the room. Carrie can make me smile without even being present. She's one of our resident directors, and though I don't have the pleasure of seeing her very often, each time I do my stomach hurts from laughter. It would be an understatement to say she puts the Jersey in Jersey Girl.She would stand a serious chance if she were to battle it out with Joan Jett or Tonya Harding, maybe even with some Lita Ford thrown into the mix. 

96 percent of the students on this voyage are brilliant, engaged, and people I would invite home to visit ... so don't get the wrong idea here when I tell you that she made a drunk, obnoxious girl clean up her own barf!!When someone roams around the hall scantily clad, with enough alcohol in their system to projectile their dinner but enough sense to laugh and joke about doing it BEFORE the fact, I agree with Carrie. Let her clean up after herself and see if she goes as gangbusters in the next port. That is not the crew's job. 

As I write, one of the lifelong learners is giving a demonstration on how to tie a Sari. I can't wait for India! 

1 comment:

sgl said...

I like her already. She sounds fabulous.
You should organize a cruise-wear fashion show. I think it would be interesting. That is what I would do if I were on the ship. Surely, some of the lifelong learners have some cruise-wear laying about?