Sunday, June 22, 2008

No Choice for Sophie

I was somewhere between guilty and excited to meet my new ship family tonight. I had an image of Caitlin crying and Jill spraying them with war paint etched in my head as I sat down to dinner with them in the Aquamarine lounge. Thankfully, Aiwei, Allison, and Marine are equally as cool as the rest of my clan. I let out a huge sigh of relief when all of them scoffed at the nearby sorority and fraternity get together -- I was scared that I might have ended up with greek kids and accidentally planned our dinner at the same time. We laughed over plates of vegetable medley while Aiwei brilliantly shared her metaphor of "life is a sushi conveyor belt," and I walked away feeling less guilty since the new structure doesn't really allow for cheating. We are now aunts and uncles, not mom and dads, which means they are all cousins!

No comments: